Sunday, May 9, 2010

Cook Decoration Course

Last March I took time to make something I long desired, a cook decoration course.
I was 15 when I spent my summer holidays on a cake decoration course, it was a lovely older brazilian woman which made cakes as she would make jewlery with love and detail.
We would do the base cakes, sponge, nuts, chocolate, carrot and then the fillings custard cream, chocolate, raspberry, and so many other.
After we would set the cake, repair the airy holes and cover it until it was velour touching.

It is funny as so much as changed since then as now most of the covers come ready and all taste de same, however still very interesting to learn new processes although I doubt how much I will use it.

This is a brazilian technique of marzipan covering and we covered a baby shower cake, an orchid cake and the wedding cake.




THE TRADITIONAL WEDDING CAKE

This is a very traditional cake where we had to use several techniques. The roses were made several days earlier and the big bow was made one day before.
We then moulded the sponge, add the filling , cover the fist layer and then cover it will with the marzipna dough.



Thanks to all the team and hope we can see each other soon at another course.

1 comment:

Joana said...

I would love to take a course like that! Glad you had fun!