Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Being a mum and a business woman

This is «the» question?

I was very young when I was a mother for the first time. Life was pushing me all over the place and I really didn't know how or where to focus.

Off course I had a son to love, raise and educate but my whole life was also passing by and I am not a mission impossible person.

So much have been written about this topic and so little did I caught from what I heard , I wanted to make sure that the task was possible.

Off course , I was always blessed by a husband that played fantastic the mother role too and by the people I had around me that offered me the peace to be able to continue my business life.

All I really wanted was to educate my son and later also my daughter while running a business. I had to look into ways that I could be happy by doing what I like and not lose the focus on my family.

I don't really have a secret but I certainly learned much by my experience about how it can be possible by making sure that there is no work in between you and your family when it comes their turn.

I have set rules that work.

- we always have dinner together , so even if I and my husband get home late every night the kids wait for us, so this is our moment of talking about our days and share experiences.

- we never talk about work at home - specially because we work together.

- I leave my problems at the door step and put a smile for my kids , no matter how important my problems are.

- I cook with them on saturdays.

- we make family programmes a constant happening

- we tell how much we love each other every day

- we do not hide problems that can somehow affect our family.

- we certainly talk much

- I make sure that my kids understand that we are their parents and not their best friends , so we give them privacy and trust.

Now , I have another small baby and although my life is not easy and I am away much, I feel that my time with them is really «prime time».

I found this magnificent book that with real daily experiences, taught me so much about loving and educating.




















No comments: