Monday, May 12, 2008

Me, Monika and the Kitchen


Dinner April 12th at my place

Some weeks ago, me and my friend Monika decided to spend a day in my kitchen sharing our passion for cooking.

Monika and I became friends through work as during her many visits to Portugal we wouls always ended up talking about cooking , marriage and life so we got closer as we had so much in common.

First she has a very happy marriage which immediately puts us in real connection and after she loves house affairs, gardening , flower arrangements and she is an excellent cook.

Because she lives abroad, she has always lots of news about cooking and great tips on hosting at home and she makes the worlds best Lemon Cake (with Portuguese lemons I must say...), she gave me the recipe for the best FOIS GRAS Terrine and Hummus and she also introduced me to Home Gourmets http://homegourmets.blogspot.com/ but more she is an adorable multi cultural girl and I believe that our story has only began.

We then spent the morning shopping at the Gourmet Supermarket at El Corte Ingles and once home we put our hands into work.

We asked my daughter Bia to make her famous Spicy Goat Cheese Paste, followed by:

Smoked Trout Mousse - because we could not find Trout , Monika used Herring and it was just perfect too!

Eggplant and Prawns Pie

Chocolate Demi-cuit with Red fruits Colis

BUT...

Nothing worst for a cook than to spend a full day cooking and nobody to appreciate it, so we decide to invite some friends to join us and share some of the delicious flavours we prepared.

We finished with a good wine and lots and lots of talk.

I will soon post the recipes of our menu.

We had a fantastic day and I believe that only people with same passion for cooking can experiment this feeling!


Thanks Monika!








Posted by Picasa

No comments: