Monday, May 5, 2008

Tunisian Way



I've returned from Tunisia just less than a week ago...
I was visiting in business and let me tell you honestly, it was not my favorite destination...
At least not until I started calling it home.
I have visited so many times but only after my sister Ana and her family moved there , I started enjoying the family feeling of a cosy home and peaceful environment.
Off course that all come together when my mum, the most Arab of all Portuguese , moved there too.
Believe be that life in quite Monastir was never the same again and you know, I almost understand her.

Tunisia is a place you learn to love for its quite streets ,busy souk, crowded streets , chaotic traffic but specially for something that has the ability to bring you back some 20 years offering the best fruit and vegetables market, the best fresh fish and you know it is organic.

Off course that my mother is not an average woman of 64 that finally decides to move... to Tunisia!!
She is someone living her life intensely as she embrace the culture and adapts to the way of life, she greats people on the streets, eat on their homes and believe me, learned how to make the best Lamb Couscous and how to get the best bargain.
We are so proud of her determination on taking the best life can offer and to see her that happy is just a blessing.

This hospitable land of colors and contrasts, spices and scents invites you to enjoy its natural beauty,
ancient cities and warm friendliness of its people. The land of the familiar and the exotic where one can watch the sunrise over the Sahara.





An ideal climate, a long and gentle seacoast, has for over 3000 years witnessed the passage of Romans, Vandals, Byzantines, Turks, Spanish and French.
They came as fugitives or adventurers, to conquer or to claim, warriors and missionaries, traders and farmers each leaving a part of their story in stone or mosaics, on hills of Carthage and the threshold of the Sahara.

No comments: